Sunday, November 04, 2012

Dona Nobis Pacem


Peace. 
We need it on an international level.  Look at the wars and conflicts all over our world.
We need it on a national level.  Look how polarized we have become politically.
We need it in our families.  Look how many of live in homes full of tension and strife.
We need it individually.  Let us examine our own hearts and minds and consider where we hold to bitterness, spend restless nights in worry, or act only with self-interest.
Grant us peace in our own lives and the ability to be agents for it in our immediate communities and the greater world.

12 comments:

stephen Hayes said...

Well said. Can't ever have too much peace.

Secret Agent Woman said...

I don't know how I missed it this year, but I love your take on it.

Tabor said...

Peace ... I only find it when I am far from technology.

Craig said...

Damned fallen human nature. . .

"I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but. . . the evil I do not want is the very thing that I do. . ."

Daryl said...

amen

Bijoux said...

A good reminder on the day before elections!

Travis Cody said...

Nicely put.

Peace to you and yours.

Kat said...

Amen!

Craver Vii said...

There is a blog blast for peace? Is it appropriate or even possible to "blast" peace?

Nevertheless, you raise a good point. I'll accept the challenge to consider whether my actions are spurred by self-interest.

And then I'll have a Dove's dark chocolate square-- because that has the effect of slowing me down, and being in a thoughtful, appreciative mood.

Other Mary said...

Absolutely.

Annelisa said...

I agree with all you say. Thankyou for sharing your thoughts. Peace to you and yours!

(A link to your post will be on "Peace Bloggers Unite" later)


Mimi Lenox said...

As usual, wisdom from Lime. I like the way you broke it down level by level. It all begins with the individual, doesn't it? Great reminder for me today.

**pondering the comment above about the word blast...thought it myself a time or two..and then I remember that blast is a verb and we need to make a loud loud noise. Yep. Blast.*

And thank you for all the help you have given me in my struggle with this arm. I have read all your comments about your own journey. It really helps to talk to someone who has been there. You get it. Things are getting better, but I need more patience!!!